Criteria for Certification:
- Applicant company must be at least fifty-one percent (51%) owned and controlled by one or more women who are U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents, or in the case of any publicly-owned business, at least fifty-one percent (51%) of the equity of which is owned and controlled by one or more women who are U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents; and
- whose management and daily operation is controlled by one or more of the women owners.
- WBENC uses a two part process to ensure that the applicant company meets the WBENC Standards. This will include a thorough review of the documentation presented and a site visit interview with the female owner(s).
- Click here for a copy of the Standards and Procedures used to determine certification (recommended reading).
To expedite the efficient handling of your application, please read all of these instructions before you begin the online application.
- Gather all of the required documents. For documents that do not apply to your company, please provide a written explanation stating which documents do not apply and why. Click here for Documentation Required.
- Review your legal and financial information to ensure that your documents support woman/women ownership and control.
- VERY IMPORTANT! Have the owner and contact add email@example.com to their safe sender list. The owner and the contact will be made aware of the status of their application for certification via auto notifications from firstname.lastname@example.org each time it has completed a processing step. Receipt of these emails is critical to the process.
- Register and complete the online application. NOTE: This application will become your company’s resume once certification is granted. Please type in upper and lower case letters and be as thorough as possible.
- Using a PC or a MAC with Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox only and your pop-up blocker turned down or off, register and complete the online application using the link at the bottom of the wbenclink.org web page.
- Register using the owner’s information.
- The owner’s complete e-mail address will be automatically assigned as the User ID for the application.
- Create a password.
- Save your user ID and password, it will be needed once certification is granted to access your profile and certificate.
- The application will open when registration is complete.
- Answer ALL questions with a red asterisk to save the page.
- Do not answer questions that are not applicable to your company.
- If you do not know the answer to a specific question, enter an answer in the correct format that the question requires as a place holder. You can save and return to the application to update later as long as you do NOT submit the application.
- When you complete the last page of the application the Summary View will automatically open to allow you to print it and the Sworn Affidavit. DO NOT SUBMIT the application until you have reviewed it for accuracy. Once you submit, you will not be able to make changes.Within 24 hours of submitting the online application, the Company Owner and Company Contact will receive an automated e-mail notification with the name of your assigned Regional Partner Organization, the address to mail documents, and the fee. This information also appears at the top of the printed Summary View. Visit the Regional Partner Organization (RPO) web page to find the RPO that handles your region for the fee. Be sure to save the contact information.
- Mail your application processing fee, required documents, Summary View, sworn affidavit that has been signed by the female owner and notarized by a 3rd party, and WBENCLink User Agreement 3.7, by certified mail, UPS or FedEx to your assigned Regional Partner Organization.
Please note that when you click the link below to begin the online application, that you are leaving www.mwbec.org and going to our password secured, proprietary database, www.wbenclink.org. Should you need to save your application and wish to return to it, make sure you return to www.wbenclink.org and use the gray box at the top right to log in. However, to register, you must use the link located at the bottom of www.wbenclink.org.
As you register, the system will assign the complete e-mail address used as the User ID and you will be asked to create a password. Save the user ID and password, as both will be needed once certification is granted. Reminder….the application is the last step in the process. Please do not register until you have completed steps 1 & 2 as gathering the documents is the most time consuming portion of the process and applications are only good for 90 days.
Go to www.wbenclink.org to begin the online application